Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Don't Let 'Em Get You Down

I hoof it no less than a mile or two a day to get to and from work (by foot that is...that doesnt include the 60 or so miles covered by metro and bus). When I bike from the metro, I ride 5-10 miles a day.

Now...on days like today, when I am tired of the city; and the sidewalks; and slush, cars, pollution, noise, cranky commuters, angry bus drivers, work clothes, cubicles, meetings (sweet jesus, why so many meetings?), I like to imagine that I'm not slogging through the city just to get to work. No. I'm actually training for a mountain trek. Yeah. Conditioning for a summer backpacking trip out West. Where I belong.

So, in an effort to cheer myself up, here is a daily dose of the Tetons in all their glory:

Now, time to head home...I mean, train for an outting in the wildnerness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's go out west! That's a fabulous idea... I biked down past the White House today (because it's above freezing, it's faster than catching the bus, and it takes me door to door). That's farther than I've ridden in a while, but it helps to think of training for an outdoor trek. Yay!